How you and your child conduct your experiments is up to you – be creative!
The following rules are to ensure the safety and enjoyment for all at the Lakeridge Science Fair.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
- Safety first! Do not begin a project without adult supervision. Adult supervision is required in the use of any chemicals, flames, electricity, animals, poisonous plants, bacteria, fungi or any potentially dangerous equipment.
- Approval of your experiment is required for the following reasons:
- Any use of people or animals
- open liquids
- dry ice
- open food
- animals or their parts
- bacteria or fungi
- operating equipment
- oversize items
- The experiment display should:
- Have a project board with project title, your name, grade, and a summary of your project (such as question, hypothesis, experimental design, results, and conclusions).
- Stand independently (not against a wall).
- Not be more than 30 inches deep and 48 inches wide (will stand on a 30-inch-high table)
- Not have open flames (no fire allowed)
- Please note in the registration form if your project requires an electric outlet.
- Students MUST:
- Set up the project on the day of the fair during the set-up time.
- Provide all materials needed to set-up and display project (extension cords, tape, etc.)
- Leave project on display until completion of the fair.
- Remove project promptly at the end of the fair. Lakeridge PTA and MISD are not responsible for stolen or lost items.
- Parents MUST:
- Limit your participation in the project to supervision.
- Choose a volunteer position to assist with the operation of the science fair event. At least one adult volunteer per family is mandatory.